April Fools Prank Ideas – A Recap | Whitney Beth Photography | Utah Family Photographer
April Fools day is THIS Friday! You all know my love of this holiday. It stems all the way back to infancy when I tricked my whole family and was almost born on this day. (Instead I came on the 2nd) I’ve got some fun, new ideas for this year. I wanted to throw up a refresher post in case you don’t feel like scrolling back through years of blog posts in order to find my April Fools’ ideas.
And just to lay some ground work, I love fun and harmless pranks! Nothing mean or something that could lead to hurt feelings. This is a fun holiday, not one to cause pain. – So just keep that in mind if you are the pranked or the pranked.
- Googly eyes on picture frames (be sure to make sure to use blue tacky on glass so not to damage the photo and/or frame)
- Glitter gel glue in a hand sanitizer bottle
- tape Nicholas cage cut outs to faces on picture frames
- Hang poster’s on people’s houses celebrating made up life events (Congrats on your retirement! Happy Birthday! Welcome back from jail! Etc…)
- Collect kitschy, Knick knacks from thrift stores, garage sales, garbage day, etc and “decorate” someone’s office
- Scan in a picture and use gifs on Instagram stories to embellish it a bit. Print it out and reframe it (with the original behind it) and wait for people to notice.
- Fake spiders in the washing machine. Even better if you can toss them in with a load so they aren’t discovered until it’s time to put the clothes in the dryer.
- Easter egg hunt with wrappers in the egg instead of candy (best suited for teens who can take a joke)
- Tape the water hose on the sink so that when someone turns on the faucet they are blasted with a stream of water.
- Sew the fly shut on the next pair of underwear taken out of the drawer.
- Chocolate covered hard boiled eggs in a chocolate marshmallow egg carton.
- “Just Married” written on the back of a car. (Preferably your bachelor brother)
There’s got to be something on that list that can spark inspiration! Have fun and happy pranking!